Richard studied in physics in Goettingen and Munich and got his PhD in 2007 from the University of Munich. He then moved to KITP at UC Santa Barbara for post-doctoral work with Boris Shraiman. Since 2010, he is an independent group leader (running this group) of the Max Planck Society at the MPI for Developmental Biology in Tuebingen. A CV with more details is available here: CV as pdf. ORCID ID.
Emmanuel studied theoretical computer science in Rouen where he got his master in 2007. He earned his PhD in 2011 from the University of Strasbourg, where he stayed until 2012 as a temporary teaching assistant. He joined Richard’s lab in 2013 as a post-doctoral fellow to work mainly on problems in ancestral recombination graphs inference.
Fabio was a PhD Student in the lab until fall 2015 working on evolution of HIV. He is currently a postdoc in Steve Quake’s lab at Stanford University.
For her master thesis, Bianca established a morbidostat system to study drug resistance evolution of bacteria and the associated analysis pipeline. Bianca is now at the University of Hohenheim.
Summer student in 2011 and 2012 from University of Tuebingen. Kari is now a graduate student at the MPI for Meteorologie.
Summer student 2013 from IIT Guwahati, India. Vatshank continued his studies in Michigan.
We are fortunate to have wonderful collaborators in various places on the planet.
- Jan Albert at the Karolinska Institute and Hospital in Stockholm, Sweden
- Alex Sigal at the K-RITH in Durban, South Africa
- Tamir Tuller at Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv, Israel
- Alan Perelson at LANL, Los Alamos, NM, USA
- Boris Shraiman at KITP, UC Santa Barbara, USA
- Michael Desai, Harvard, Cambridge, USA
- Aleksandra Walczak, ENS, Paris, France
- Ralf Sommer, MPI DevBio, Tuebingen, Germany
- Philipp Messer, Stanford, Palo Alto, USA